Benefits of drinking Warm Water
- Improves digestion – According to Ayurveda and ancient Chinese medicine, you should drink a glass of warm water early in the morning. This is because it activates your digestive system, which helps avoid indigestion. It also helps stimulate blood flow to the intestine and helps prevent constipation.
- Detoxifies your body – Did you know that warm water helps your body get rid of harmful toxins? It not only reduces pitta in your body, but also prevents acne and other skin problems. To further enhance its effect, squeeze half a slice of lemon in the water and drink it every day.
- Relieves nasal congestion – Not many people are aware of the fact that warm water is good for people suffering from nasal and throat congestion. It acts as a natural expectorant by aiding in the expulsion of phlegm from the respiratory tract.
- Combats pain – As warm water increases blood flow to the tissues, it can act as an excellent natural aid to provide relief from pain. Hence, if you are experiencing frequent joint pain or menstrual cramps, start drinking warm water.
Benefits of drinking Cold Water
- Excellent post-workout drink – It is a known fact that during exercises, your body temperature increases. To lower your body temperature post workout, it is recommended to drink cold water. Read about the best foods to eat before and after workout.
- Combats heat stroke – drinking cold water during summers is good for your health. Cold water gets absorbed quickly by the body as compared to warm or hot water. When you are back home from the scorching heat or if you experience a heat stroke, drink a glass of cold water.
- Aids in weight loss – The key principle behind losing weight is to boost your metabolism that in turn burns more calories.
Cold water vs. Warm water – which is good for your health?
Drinking warm water increases blood circulation along with protecting internal organs from damage. This is why most health professionals recommend drinking warm water for optimal health. However, on a hot day, you can drink cold water as it cools your body temperature quickly. Here are few more health benefits of drinking warm water.