- Introduction to Massage
- Effects of massage
- Therapeutic massage techniques
- Deep tissue massage techniques
- Application of massage techniques to various muscles
- Muscle trigger points and treatment
- Massage for the general population
- Understanding the athlete
- Understanding the sport and periodisation in the application of massage
- Pre-event massage treatments
- Post-event massage treatments
- Maintenance treatments
- Alternative treatments basics
- Strapping and Taping
- Myofascial release
Although there are no entry requirements, a basic knowledge of human anatomy would be beneficial.
Courses are very practical and therefore spaces are limited (min 6 – max 12 people) You will be required to be both a patient and therapist during practical sessions
Theory studying will be required as there is a theory exam on the last day of the course.
Practicing the techniques will be required on a weekly basis
After completion of the course:
Additional hours to receive your certificate* – this will be done in your own time and appropriate venue
- 40 practicing hours
- 10 case studies
- Video submissions for the practical exam
Course Fees are R9500 p/person
- R1000 Early-bird discount
- Prior qualifications with appropriate content will be exempt from selected theory sections Course Fee reduced by R2000 per person
This Course is Presented By
Nicola Macleod has an honours degree in Biokinetics, more than 10 years in private practice ranging from, rehabilitation due to a variety of injuries and conditions, to high performance strength training for Olympic Gold medalist.
With more than 15 years experience in massage of which more than 9 years has included elite athletes both locally, on training camps and at international competitions. The courses that I present are both comprehensive and practical. Previous students have gone on to pursue careers as biokineticists, physiotherapist and chiropractors with this course giving them a solid foundation.
*Important Information: Short courses in massage are currently not recognized for accreditation, only a 2 year full-time course would allow people to register with the Allied Health Professions Council as a Massage Therapist.
On completion of the course you will receive a certificate of attendance and/or completion of a short course in Sports and Deep Tissue Massage.